Austin series 3 half shaft

Gillian

I am looking for a halfshaft for an Austin series 3, I have been told that's it is possibly the same as the civilian Austin and Morris series III lorries. The part number is an Autin / MOWOG 11K7895 which is on he end of the half shaft.

Does anybody know where I could get one of these, please.

Many thanks

Gill

paperclip.png

Attached Thumbnails

attachment.php.jpg

attachment.php_1.jpg

attachment.php_2.jpg

attachment.php_3.jpg

attachment.php_4.jpg

attachment.php_5.jpg

attachment.php_6.jpg

attachment.php_7.jpg

attachment.php_8.jpg

attachment.php_9.jpg

I don't think it would come to that. I may be wrong, but the same type of axle was used in at least some of the Series 3 trucks, which later became the BMC and Leyland range, so I'd have thought it quite likely that several of those used the same shafts.

Where on the shaft is 11K 7895 marked?

I don't think it would come to that. I may be wrong, but the same type of axle was used in at least some of the Series 3 trucks, which later became the BMC and Leyland range, so I'd have thought it quite likely that several of those used the same shafts.

Where on the shaft is 11K 7895 marked?

That is what I was suggesting, a lot of commonality in those days and the Austin S3 multifuel was a short production run. The number was cast on the outer face of flange, from earlier photos.

That is what I was suggesting, a lot of commonality in those days and the Austin S3 multifuel was a short production run. The number was cast on the outer face of flange, from earlier photos.

The axle type was used in series 2 and 3 trucks (and series 1?) and all the Austin based BMC and smaller Leyland trucks e.g. WE, WF, FE, FF etc. I didn't want to say too much as there will have been variations so it doesn't follow that every one of those trucks will have an identical half shaft. It seems to me if the number was cast in the flange it might not be the proper part number for the shaft though.

The axle type was used in series 2 and 3 trucks (and series 1?) and all the Austin based BMC and smaller Leyland trucks e.g. WE, WF, FE, FF etc. I didn't want to say too much as there will have been variations so it doesn't follow that every one of those trucks will have an identical half shaft. It seems to me if the number was cast in the flange it might not be the proper part number for the shaft though.

It could well be that the number is for the original blank forging and there could be variations in the final machined part, but it is something to look for if going to a scrap Austin or Morris lorry of that period.