Hi from Hammy15

Hammy15

Hi,

First of all good choice. Whereabouts in the country are you? I'm in Gloucestershire and there are a few Pioneers in the area if you need advice or would like to look at one. There are a couple of Scammell groups on Facebook that are well worth joining. A friend got a Pioneer SV2/S via a wanted ad on one of them about a month ago.

Ed

• 1 month later...

Hi Ed,sorry I have not got back to you sooner.I did not check my introduction for reply😳.Im on the Isle of Wight there is a desert sv2s at the islands museum I can look at.Thankyou for the heads up on the Scammell groups.I have put a deposit down on one,so hopefully very soon I will have the truck I have always wanted😆😆.I have put a wanted add on for some parts,Storage basket under drivers cab etc as when I get it home I want to put back to military spec.Thanks

Hi,A friend of mine went and checked it over for me,it's got a made up wooden body on the back,machanically its good.As soon as I get it home I will take some photos with the iPad and post them.The contract number is S3164 which  I believe was 30th April 1943.

Hi,  Sounds interesting with the made up body.  The mechanics are the important bit.  Most of the rest is fairly straightforward.  Contract number S3164 was ordered 20/4/1943.  Probably delivered sometime in 1944.. 

Baskets do occasionally turn up.  The front wing brackets are harder to find.  They are fairly straightforward to make.  I've got a pair that have been fabricated.  I'll dig out some photos to show how they go together.  I'm sure between the different pioneer owners we can figure out dimensions etc... for the bits you need.  Then just need to find somebody who is reasonable at fabrication.  I know of a guy on the Isle of Wight who does some very good car repairs and I think he does a reasonable amount of fabrication.  He's currently restoring a friends Morris Marina estate.  I'll make some enquires if you are interested in his details?

Ed

Hi,That's good to know that they are not to bad to do.There are a few guys here that like a challenge.What I might do is hang fire for a bit as I have a few ads out for the parts,you never know its surprising what's still kicking about out there.I did get offered a R100 if you know anyone that would be interested in a restored example,BUT it's in New Zealand.

image.jpeg

Have you got front wings for your Pioneer?  If not you might want to find some front wings that are close enough and then get brackets made to suit.  Genuine Pioneer ones are difficult/impossible to find and normally need to be made.

R100's are very nice and that one in particular is superb.  How much was he after for it?

Daft thing is I spent ages trying to find one with nothing coming up and then eventually got it about 5 years ago.  In the last 2 years there have been about 5 for sale!

The wings on the pioneer don't look to bad,I've only got some small photos on my phone,definitely agree wings first then make brackets to fit.Its always the way when you are not looking for something,along they all come😆I did not get the price for the R100 as I thought shipping would be through the roof.He said to pass on his email if anyone was interested.

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

HI Edd,Good news.The missing parts from the Scammell,4x bonnet catches,locking pin handle etc have turned up.RESULT.😆👍still on the lookout for a track storage basket if you could keep your ear to the ground thankyou.How did you get on with the New Zealand Scammell R100.Thanks H👍