Normandy/D-day 2018? Advice please

1949bug

Question

Hi All

Ive recently purchased a GMC 353 Tipper in decent condition, and am in the process of servicing the brakes and sorting out a troublesome carb.

With all the little issues sorted I'll be looking to take the truck further afield to Normandy next year.

There are a few searches on here which touch on the d-day event but I'm struggling to find and real information?

Weve been to Normandy a few times now and familiar with the area but never actually involved in it.

I'm assuming there are clubs or accociations that cater for people wanting to take a vehicles for d-day, I even heard somewhere there's a charity that will sponsor some of your fuel cost!?

Any information would be appreciated as im totally new and clueless here.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Joining a club is a good start. MVT, IMPS, or.......? There will be a section of MVT that covers your area.....maybe IMPS. They both organise tours, formal or informal. 2019 tours are already probably booked out already! But 2018 will be easier and once "in" I am sure you will get squeezed in for 2019. Club membership gets you discounted insurance and accreditation to buy de-ac weapons, advice, support, contacts, PLI, etc etc.