free issue items on 15 cwt truck contract ledger

landrover nick

This a copy of the ministry of supply contract ledger for 15 cwt trucks i am asuming that the free issue items listed on the sheet are parts supplied by the MOS to the vehicle manufacturer to be fitted to the new trucks on each of the contracts can anybody tell me what the free issue items would have been (there must be some expensive items as on some of the contracts the free issue items are nearly 25% of the cost of the truck ) i am thinking ,tyres ,wd pattern wheels , pick & shovel ,fire extinguisher .any help would be welcome

attachment.php?attachmentid=128929&stc=1

bedford contract card.jpg

sorry Lauren it is only a single page of the contract register ,it was e-mailed to me by someone on here a long time ago i think all the MOS supply archive is in the National archives so the full ledger may be there .

not too sure if the body would be part of the free issue items ,if it was would Bedford have just built MWC s and then fitted the bodys to suit

sorry Lauren it is only a single page of the contract register ,it was e-mailed to me by someone on here a long time ago i think all the MOS supply archive is in the National archives so the full ledger may be there .

not too sure if the body would be part of the free issue items ,if it was would Bedford have just built MWC s and then fitted the bodys to suit

Thanks Nick!

I seem to remember discussion of MW and WOT2 bodies coming from another manufacturer.

I've copied a number of the MoS motorcycle ledgers and a number of these entries include parts such as tyres and tubes 'in embodiment loan'.

My interpretation is that parts which were not available on the general market were supplied to the vehicle manufacturers for fitment, before being returned with the completed vehicles so were effectively on loan for a period. The contract prices reflected this aspect.

Thanks Nick!

I seem to remember discussion of MW and WOT2 bodies coming from another manufacturer.

Ford never made any WOT2 bodies, all being supplied by sub-contractors. My WOT2 cab was made by BMB, not sure who made the rear body. Also the Ford WOT2 Wireless light warning truck body was made by Morris.

Ford never made any WOT2 bodies, all being supplied by sub-contractors. My WOT2 cab was made by BMB, not sure who made the rear body. Also the Ford WOT2 Wireless light warning truck body was made by Morris.

Thanks Rob!

Presumably if they were subcontracted, the MoS contract would be the main one, not split out as above.