Document Binders

Surveyor

I don't know, none of mine are to hand.

You need to watch out as I think it might be imperial with 72mm spacing between holes. In 1970 JSP 181 Part 1 laid down that all MOD technical publications would be in a loose-leaf format unless the sponsor could justify a bound publication. The paper sizes adopted were ISO ‘A’ sizes and punched to accommodate the new range of binders.

Existing publications were to be re-punched to be fit the new binders with 80mm spacing. Some EMERs are pretty ragged being punched for the files with 23 pairs of clasps, then re-punched for 72mm spacing & then again for 80mm spacing.

Just something to bear in mind in your pursuit of binders that all your documents are going to be compatible.

I don't know, none of mine are to hand.

You need to watch out as I think it might be imperial with 72mm spacing between holes. In 1970 JSP 181 Part 1 laid down that all MOD technical publications would be in a loose-leaf format unless the sponsor could justify a bound publication. The paper sizes adopted were ISO ‘A’ sizes and punched to accommodate the new range of binders.

Existing publications were to be re-punched to be fit the new binders with 80mm spacing. Some EMERs are pretty ragged being punched for the files with 23 pairs of clasps, then re-punched for 72mm spacing & then again for 80mm spacing.

Just something to bear in mind in your pursuit of binders that all your documents are going to be compatible.

Clive

Thanks but these are A4, my new 4 hole punch works on them.

All the best

Richard

I belive they are called Lever Arch files. Try Amazon loads of variety there, or the local pound shop. I bought a load of kit from WH Smith about £20 worth. then walked into the pound shop could have got twice the amount for a £3 :banghead:

I think lever-arch refers to the type with the hoop and a lever to open it.

I too would love some of these binders (or the loxon loose-leaf ones) if you find a modern supplier.