WW2 Side Hat

Zero-Five-Two

On the scrounge really,

Wife and I are going to a wartime/forties weekend week after next, and although we are not exactly into the re-enactment scene we thought this year we would join in proper and get dressed for it.

She's all sorted with a period dress and hat etc, and I've managed to get hold of a complete set of battledress, including gaiters, webbing and boots for the weekend. Only thing missing is the headgear. I've got a tin hat, but I don't fancy wearing that all weekend.

Has anybody got a WW2 other ranks side hat I could beg steal borrow for the weekend. Seen a few for sale on various sites but they are a bit costly just for a one off event. There's also a few repro ones on fleebay but apparently they aren't all that and I would like to look reasonably authentic.

Anyone in a position to assist, please.

Thanks for the info guys, I hadn't thought about the bog standard beret. If the great Montgomery was wearing one back then, it'll do for me. As it is I've got one, just need to swop the cap badge, from E R to G R.

As for badging up the battledress, there's nothing on it at the mo, but it will get a few brownie badges before the weekend. I'm sure there will be a few photos afterwards

Edited by Zero-Five-Two
add more