Hi everyone

We have a Daf Ya126 1956 Dutch Army weapons carrier and also an Austin Series 3 1 ton GS Cargo 1960 diesel / multi fuel lorry.

I need some help / advice please. The rear half shaft (drivers side) has just snapped and we are looking for a replacement. The earlier petrol K9 rear axle is a very similar axle but narrower but would possibly be able to fit with some modification.

Does anybody know where we could find either of these please or any suggestions so we can get the lorry back on the road again.

Many thanks

Gill

Welcome. A photograph of the broken part may help to narrow down the search. Also any serial numbers of the truck and a photo of it could help.

Hi

I have attached some photos of the truck, broken part and serial numbers.

Hoping this makes it easier to track another one.

Many thanks

Gill

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

It is possible that this halfshaft is the same as the civilian Austin and Morris Series III lorries. There appears to be a Austin / MOWOG part number on the end of the shaft, 11K7895 (if I read it correctly). I would expand your search to historic commercial sources quoting the details on the end of the shaft. Maybe someone on here has BMC parts lists and can track this number down.

It is possible that this halfshaft is the same as the civilian Austin and Morris Series III lorries. There appears to be a Austin / MOWOG part number on the end of the shaft, 11K7895 (if I read it correctly). I would expand your search to historic commercial sources quoting the details on the end of the shaft. Maybe someone on here has BMC parts lists and can track this number down.

Thank you you very much I will search for one of these.

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Gill

I am looking for a halfshaft for an Austin series 3, I have been told that's it is the same as the civilian Austin and Morris series III lorries. The part number is an Autin / MOWOG 11K7895 which is on he end of the half shaft.

Does anybody know where I could get one of these, please.

Many thanks

Gill

IMG_2186.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

I am looking for a halfshaft for an Austin series 3, I have been told that's it is the same as the civilian Austin and Morris series III lorries. The part number is an Autin / MOWOG 11K7895 which is on he end of the half shaft.

Hi Gill,

I said in a previous post to you, that the shaft is possibly the same as a civilian Series III, as this military lorry was only produced in small numbers, it is highly likely that Austin used 'off the shelf' parts.

cheers Richard

It may be worth thinking about getting a new one made. As you have a one for a pattern that will cut the cost. If you look at the quallity of the one that was made for Daimler that took part in the convoy to deliver the bells to St Georges chappel at Ypers you will see what I mean.