Dodge WC54 applications?

matchlesswdg3

My problem was finding a BRITISH Army WW2 deployment. According to the literature, RAMC used them but I could find no photos of that application. So being steered in the direction of 'The Secret Wireless War' was brilliant and that book has a couple of photos of them in the field as well as a basic description of how they were fitted out. They were received in UK as fully kitted out and red-cross emblazoned ambulances and as far as I can discern, the red crosses were painted out but the US reg number and other bonnet markings retained with only an "SCU" unit number painted on the bumpers to identify it as part of the Bletchley Park network. So it is going to look a bit of a plain Jane, but I am going to rig up a free standing 30foot aerial for display purposes.

Almost certainly Parham airfield, about 10 miles away from where I sit now. Markings show 390th Bomb Group.

Thank you Sir! Now may well plan a trip up there. :D Radio recirver would probably be an HRO or Hellicaster. No transmissions were done from these units for security reasons,