1942 Autocar HT at the Cold War Collection (canada) - watch this space !

Hi All,

so we are two weeks in to our Autocar tear down. here are the "vital's"

Hood Number 40109590, (in Medium Blue)

Data Card 22311

This is an original and unrestored example, so the most interesting thing so far is the hood. White star , surrounded by a hand painted medium blue ring, which was later overpainted with a white ring

I think there is some interesting service history here

we are running a blog for this at

https://cwhvs.blogspot.ca/

so the bulk of the pictures will be on that, but I will post a few here as we go

attachment.php?attachmentid=128700&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=128701&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=128702&stc=1

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

well, the HT is coming apart nicely, but we are slowed down by the damaged winch drive shaft , as that's got to come out before the rad is lifted out.

here are a few shots that are not in the blog

attachment.php?attachmentid=128882&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=128883&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=128884&stc=1

I will get a better picture of the spring soon, its clear though that it has "HALF TRACK" painted on the top leaf

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

half track FL spring .JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Its a big list of changes, mods and outright different manufacturing techniques !

The basics are that "officially" the Autocar, DT and White were used by US Forces , and the IH was an "export" type, but, there were lots of the other three types in allied service as well.

one could write a book on it !

I think it may be whats left of a canvas pop type stud to hold on canvas upper doors.

I'm currently doing similar with an IHC M5A1 ....untouched since service with the REME .

Many mods and differences from wartime spec .....I think it had a full rebuild around the early 60's , certainly the engine was rebuilt in 64 by the British Army