Historic Vehicle use in Germany

paul connor

Question

6 answers to this question

The confusion will get more complex from here on I guess...

It would be ultimately taking a DVLA registered British vehicle to Germany, so would have to be re-registered there after 6 months.

Do they operate the same Historic categories and exemptions for a GMC CCKW 1944?

Or would I need a C class licence?

Thanks again

Paul

If you are a Geman citizen , and you would want to drive a historic vehicle over 3,5 ton , then you need a C license. If you are a UK citizen driving a German registered vehicle , then you also would need a C classed driving license .

If you have an older UK licence (pre 1997) then you should have C1 allowing you to drive 7.5 tonne laden. If that is exchanged for a German licence (as things stand at the moment) then they should transfer all existing entitlements.

I don't believe that Germany has any exemptions from the CPC Code 95 regs though so you'll need to do a full set of hours on that as well.

I suspect that Germany is not a top destination for those wishing for an easy life with any sort of old vehicle.