4 inch Bedford/Foden indicator/brake lens

Skint George

Question

Yes this may be stupid but an eBay seller is selling the above mentioned and it has the 2.5 screw on fitting.

Does this fit the standard army Landrover/Bedford screw fitting.

I would have said yes but I need it confirmed before I buy them.

Photos attached

Help appreciated.

George

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

5 answers to this question

I am almost sure the fitting is the same, takes a small glass lens inside and the larger lens on the outside.

Coincidentally I have a set on ebay atm with a base also shown, check it out to see if it is the same as yours. Item 201998173986.

The larger lens were retrofitted to most of the heavy vehicles and provide a far better light.

I am almost sure the fitting is the same, takes a small glass lens inside and the larger lens on the outside.

Coincidentally I have a set on ebay atm with a base also shown, check it out to see if it is the same as yours. Item 201998173986.

The larger lens were retrofitted to most of the heavy vehicles and provide a far better light.

Weren't the larger upgrades the so-called "bug eye" type with the faceted lenses to improve the light dispersal and thus brightness??

Whereas the ones pictured in the original post are plain glass - kind of reminiscent of the Stolly ones.