Dingo fuel pump

MartinN

I have a Daimler dingo mk2 which has an electric fuel pump fitted too it. The pump appears to be pushing too much fuel into the carbuettor. I have decided to change it back to the original fuel pump. Does anyone know the part number?

Second question. The distributor is not original, having been replaced by a conventional distributor off a Bedford I think. I want to replace with an electronic system. Any ideas who does the best one for it.

Why not consider a low pressure electronic fuel pump from Facet, this should cure the over fueling issue and give you a consistent fuel supply which will solve the vapor lock problem many encounter especially as your engine is in the middle and buried under armour as it will heat the engine bay when you switch off with the fuel evaporating if you try and re-start within a few minutes which a manual pump can't cope with. Try this link http://www.fuelpumpsonline.co.uk/facet-solid-state-pumps-12v-1820-c.asp

I have one fitted to my GMC and it cured the poor starting issue when hot.

As for electronic ignitions I don't think they improve anything and I have had a couple fail about 6 months after buying them, a set of points works well and is easy to fix. If you do go that route make sure you keep the old points, condenser etc plus some spanners in the vehicle so you can take off the electronic ignition and put it back to points at the road side when it goes wrong, I speak from experience !!!!!

Edited by w896andy