WC63 With Fording Kit..... D Day Veteran ?

tankdriver

Well, I discovered something new about my WC63 yesterday. I was pulling running board off on the passenger side to replace the wood spacer blocks. So, I pulled the gas can holder off and found a round hole in it. I looked at the cowl, and there is 2 bolt holes in side of it.

So it looks like my truck was equipped with a fording kit. Another interesting thing.... This truck went to Europe. No question in that as it was given to Norway after the war, and they used it till the early 90's. Then it came back to the US.

Since this truck was made on July 23, 1943, went to Europe, and had a Fording kit on it, you have to wonder if it was used on D Day.......

I tried Googling something on photos of the WC with a fording kit, but could not find anything. Does anybody have any Photos? And does anybody have a fording kit parts of a kit, or drawing of the fording kit parts?

Well, Looks like I was wrong.......

I found some photos of a fording kit. I David books on the WC. Came throung the hood and the exhaust run up beside the bed.

Another guy I know suggested that it could be holes for a heater kit. As Norway was using it post war.

Does anybody have any photos of the heater kits installed?