Wanted Volt and Amp meter

Yeoman

oxXf72S.jpg?1

I am looking for a Volt and Amp meter so that I can complete my restoration of a WW2 Norman 110v generator set.The ones currently in the unit are broken.

The dimensions of the meters are ;

diameter 2 1/8th"

length 1.5" ( not including the fixing bolts)

distance between fixing bolt centers 1"

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.Thank you.

All the best,

Kevin.

I am looking for a Volt and Amp meter so that I can complete my restoration of a WW2 Norman 110v generator set.The ones currently in the unit are broken.

The dimensions of the meters are ;

diameter 2 1/8th"

length 1.5" ( not including the fixing bolts)

distance between fixing bolt centers 1"

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.Thank you.

All the best,

Kevin.

Those are standard meters for the period. The ammeter should be simple to find (I may have one in the bits box), but the voltmeter less easy - it may be necessary to transfer the scale plate to another meter.

Both meters are the 'moving coil' type, so are intended for DC. Is the generator off a searchlight or something like that? (Current is a bit low for a welding set.)

Regards,

Chris.

An old topic for a Westinghouse AC voltmeter but no post to say that it sold:-

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?49304-WW2-Signal-Corps-Generator-0-150-VAC-VOLTMETER-IS-156-by-Westinghouse

Hi MatchFuzee,

Thanks for your reply but that meter is AC and I need a DC one,also the Westinghouse meters that I have looked at are all too big.

All the best,

Kevin.

Those are standard meters for the period. The ammeter should be simple to find (I may have one in the bits box), but the voltmeter less easy - it may be necessary to transfer the scale plate to another meter.

Both meters are the 'moving coil' type, so are intended for DC. Is the generator off a searchlight or something like that? (Current is a bit low for a welding set.)

Regards,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

If you have a similar sized working amp meter I would certainly be interested.

I believe that the genny( a 1944 Norman T300 unit) was used during WW2 to power lighting eg for workshops and barracks - although 110 volts seems a bit high for barracks.

All the best,

Kevin.