900x13 tyres

woa2

I am getting to the stage of needing some tyres for my Ford WOA2. I have been trying to find a supplier in the UK for a few years, but without any success. Does anyone out there know where I can get 4 new 900x13 tyres, at least 6 ply, that will accept an inner tube and be able to do 50/55mph? So far I have found Implement tyres and tyres that will not accept an inner tube. Both not suitable.

I have tried Vintage tyres at Beaulieu, ToTec tyres in Newbury, Longstone tyres in Bawtry and Big Tyres in Nottingham.

Any advice will be helpful.

Robert Davey

Still searching for the Holy Grail then Robert !!

my son David has just imported some 10.50/16's from a supplier in the States for the C30 they had all sorts of odd sizes available I'll ask him where they came from for you. I do know with import tax on top they were eye wateringly expensive though..... watch this space I'll get back to you

Regards to you and Sharon

Pete

Still searching for the Holy Grail then Robert !!

my son David has just imported some 10.50/16's from a supplier in the States for the C30 they had all sorts of odd sizes available I'll ask him where they came from for you. I do know with import tax on top they were eye wateringly expensive though..... watch this space I'll get back to you

Regards to you and Sharon

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Robert,

I bought my tyres earlier this year from BIGTYRES in the UK (www.bigtyres.co.uk). They are BKT Sand Star 6 ply...and as far as I know they are the only brand and ply currently available that are not marked as implement. BKT also have a 8ply and 10 ply option, but these are implement.

The tyres however are Tubeless, but I just fitted inner tubes.

See, the thread on the MLU forum for more info:http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478

Alex

Edited by Alex van de Wetering

Robert,

I bought my tyres earlier this year from BIGTYRES in the UK (www.bigtyres.co.uk). They are BKT Sand Star 6 ply...and as far as I know they are the only brand and ply currently available that are not marked as implement. BKT also have a 8ply and 10 ply option, but these are implement.

The tyres however are Tubeless, but I just fitted inner tubes.

See, the thread on the MLU forum for more info:http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478

Alex

Alex

I have talked to Sean at Bigtyres a couple of months ago, but he advised against selling them to me as there was a possibility of a blowout with the inner tube rubbing on the inside of the tubeless tyre, creating heat. I'll try him again, however.

Many thanks.

Robert

possibility of a blowout with the inner tube rubbing on the inside of the tubeless tyre, creating heat

Robert,

Hmm...I certainly hope not. I asked the Dutch BKT importer at the time and they said there was no problem or risk in fitting tubes in a tubeless tyre. However they only had the 8ply tyres in stock....that's how I ended up at big tyres in the UK, as they did still had some 6 Ply tyres in stock.

Here is the of BKT, which shows the load and speed rating of the Sand Star tyres.

https://www.bkt-tires.com/en/pattern/sand-star

You will note that they have them available as Tubeless and ones intended for use of a tube (TT). However, when I contacted them earlier this year they didn't have any 6PLY tyres in stock at the factory and they weren't planning on doing a new production run anytime soon....unless they would receive an order for at least 100 tyres. Maybe you are lucky and they have done a new run recently.

Sadly, I wasn't able to find any tubes with a 90 degree valve....nor any 9.00x13 liners. I used tubes with a straight valve in stead and 15inch liners that were cut to suit.

Alex

But it says: Trelleborgs AF302 Implement tires are metric size marked, tubeless and Load/Speed index rated, which gives a higher load capacity and higher permitted speed (40-50 kph) than previous tyres. The tyres are recommended for trailers and other agricultural Implements such as spreaders, balers, ploughs, drills etc.

Robert wants to motor along and little quicker...