Here's a question, how many miles have you covered

Jack

Hmm there's a thought,

lets say an average of 1000 miles a year for 40 years not so many these days but regularly up to 2500 during the first 30 odd years so that works out out at around 40,000 miles spread across jeeps, doges, GMC's CMP's I'm not including the 109 as that was my wife's and I don't do Land Rovers :cool2:

so lets see that would be:

jeeps various for 15 years @ 18mpg = (15 x 1000) / 18 = 833 gal

Dodges variuos for 10 years @ 14mpg = (10 x 1000) / 14 = 714 gal

GMC for 5 years @ 10 mpg = (5 x 1000) / 10 = 500 gal

CMP's various 5 years @ 10mpg = ( 5 x 1000) / 10 = 500 gal

TOTAL = 2547 gal (or 11579 l for our SI unit chums)

Not done that calculation before but it's a fair estimation and may be a bit on the low side if anything

Pete

Edited by Pete Ashby
Can't add up for a toffee !!

I would not know how much fuel I used but I had a Steyr puch haflinger ex royal marine commando and drove that to work everyday and shows or AWDC events at weekends it's top speed was 30 mph and I drove it to stoneleigh bovington st austell south Wales and all the local green lanes pub meets etc and I wore it out and had to have a rebore on the engine! It was 15 miles each way to work 5 days a week and I did that for a year so the little haffy did a lot of miles altogether!

18x 16000 miles a year in the 109, 101 and 88 lightweight combined. Did a lot of home to work and back, UK trips Amsterdam to Brighton and from amsterdam to my fiance in lincolnshire with 1000kg freight in the 109 , etc. A lot of fuel got used, did not keep tabs on it.