Waterslide Transfers

ramerry

Hi, trying to find waterslide transfers for the Census numbers on my flying flea. The only ones I can find are from Classic Transfers & are to big. they are 1 3/4 in. Which are really to big for the size of the tank. I need something about 1 1/4 in. to at most 1 1/2in. Any help would be appreciated.

Did Fleas have transfers ? I have a feeling that some later-war bikes did. 'Classic Transfers' are now run by the late Bob Derrick's family and it might be worth having a word about your requirements. If they're anything like as helpful as Bob used to be then they may well be able to come up with something.

Good link, problem I always have is working out font and size

There is I think, floating around somewhere on this forum, a post about fonts and stencils . In any event there's lots of information elsewhere online on military fonts and where to find/download them .

As an aside for those wanting to make stencils its worth checking what facilities are available locally for you to use . The local Fablab here ( Fablab info can be found via Google ) offers facilities including a decent size vinyl cutter . Videos on vinyl stencils and how to use them can be found on Youtube .

hi, thanks for reply's, I have been using " A guide to restoring the Royal Enfield WD/RE " By Cameron Jamieson in which states that the booklet draws on the extensive knowledge & photographs of Steve Madden (UK), Ron Pier(UK), Lex Schmidt(NL) & Jan Vandevelde(NL).

A Paragraph states, quote

C Numbers

There is evidence to suggest that some manufacturers, including BSA used water slide or varnish-affixed transfer lettering....our Royal Enfield Flying Flea here still had the remains of the (1944) serial numbers on the fuel tank beneath two layers of post war paint...and these were definitely of the transfer type. end quote

I have tried Classic Transfers & they only have two sizes 2 in & 1 3/4 in which i think are UK regulation Number sizes, also they are shut down at the moment due to holidays. I did get a set of 1 3/4in. numbers from them but the Flea tank is quite a small tank & wont take the size which ends up about 12in. in length.

I was looking at the Water slide sheets on Ebay but I an not sure that with my hands that cutting out 16 letters & numbers that they would look a bit rough.

I use a lot of plain waterslide transfer paper at work. If you sort out what you want on a PC, save it, then laser print the image on to plain waterslide paper, the results are usually very good. I use this method for applying decals to 3D printed aircraft models to be used in presentations and have always had good results.

Barry