Land Rover Part Numbers

Surveyor

I am looking to finish the repairs to the 110 Land Rover and am have trouble the rubber strips which hang down and hold the reflectors.

Does any one know the part number or even better a source for finding them.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

attachment.php?attachmentid=128144&stc=1

IMG_0495.jpg

I am looking to finish the repairs to the 110 Land Rover and am have trouble the rubber strips which hang down and hold the reflectors.

Does any one know the part number or even better a source for finding them.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

attachment.php?attachmentid=128144&stc=1

I am not convinced yours is mounted correct or in fact a OEM strap.

I need to double-check - I think the strap used is identical to that used on late Lightweights (so late IIRC not listed in Parts Books )

Normally mounted to the lower (inner) bumperette bolt , as on my 57KG59 (1987) 90" , possibly yours is a later strap ?? not kept up with Wolf.

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/9032/NRC9707-REAR-REFLECTOR-MOUNTING-STRAP.html?search=reflector&page=1

btw , they harden - they snap off , as affected by UV although a tough plastic . It may be best to obtain a gen. sample and find a more suitable rubber. I once got a large sample a gasket material , same thickness , looks the same from ARCO remains flexible - lasts for ever - make your own facsimile ,,

Edited by ruxy
spelin

I am not convinced yours is mounted correct or in fact a OEM strap.

I need to double-check - I think the strap used is identical to that used on late Lightweights (so late IIRC not listed in Parts Books )

Normally mounted to the lower (inner) bumperette bolt , as on my 57KG59 (1987) 90" , possibly yours is a later strap ?? not kept up with Wolf.

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/9032/NRC9707-REAR-REFLECTOR-MOUNTING-STRAP.html?search=reflector&page=1

btw , they harden - they snap off , as affected by UV although a tough plastic . It may be best to obtain a gen. sample and find a more suitable rubber. I once got a large sample a gasket material , same thickness , looks the same from ARCO remains flexible - lasts for ever - make your own facsimile ,,

Ruxy

many thanks, the trouble with a facsimile the garage lost the bits so I have no sizes to go on, the land rover was direct from Witham so these were attached on receipt.

Was not aware of the web site so many thanks

Richard

Illustrated spare parts list.

Many thanks, I have some but not the one you supplied the link for, however that is now in my collection

Its the usual each service can have different names or terms unique for them, I remember taking a Land Rover into Aldershot and told to go to LED, not a clue till said was Navy and they were polite and explianed

I have some gen. NRC9707 straps but can't put my hand on them just now - they are a stiff but slightly flexy plastic , much stiffer than rubber belting - they are thicker than 5mm , I would guestimate 8mm . I think the stuff I got from ARCO was solid neoprene sheet to the stiffest Shore scale (not quite as stiff as the gen. item). If yours are just 5mm rubber then that would confirm to me they are not a Solihull designed item , apart from that the location is wrong ISTR the Const. & Use Regs state the spacing of rear reflectors .

Edited by ruxy
spelin

I have some gen. NRC9707 straps but can't put my hand on them just now - they are a stiff but slightly flexy plastic , much stiffer than rubber belting - they are thicker than 5mm , I would guestimate 8mm . I think the stuff I got from ARCO was solid neoprene sheet to the stiffest Shore scale (not quite as stiff as the gen. item). If yours are just 5mm rubber then that would confirm to me they are not a Solihull designed item , apart from that the location is wrong the ISTR the Const. & Use Regs state the spacing of rear reflectors .

Thanks, Do you have a reference I can find for the ISTR the Const. & Use Regs. please and 8mm does sound better than the 5mm I assumed

All of the Land Training Fleet Land Rovers have the reflectors fixed to the body, they are fitted horizontally above the rear crossmember and outboard of the bumperettes. I believe that this is a 'construction and use' requirement that the reflectors should be mounted as close to the outer edge of the vehicle as possible.

• 2 weeks later...