Dunkirk,movie

Enigma

Saying it is 'the best film I have ever seen' is bit much Jack, really ? I would have to give careful thought to this question myself, lets see what I come up with but it would not be just one film. The recent effort of Dunkirk would not be in the Top Ten this week or any week......

After all it is subjective - not matter what 'war' film we see on the big screen is never going to communicate war unless you were there. Sadly, even oral history can no longer be relied upon. This film has had a major impact - I have been around the world recently and every time I have gone to book tickets it has been a sell out. What is has done and will do, is to get those who care to pick up books and do the research. It's interesting to note that everyone (Brits) b*tch and moan about that Hollywood thinks only the US won the war - when a UK film is made the Brits b*tch and moan about the stitching wasn't correct on that BD or the characters weren't allowed to develop (whatever that means) it sure as hell wasn't about the characters it was about a crucial part of our survival that 'no one' has ever heard of as Hollywood dominates the film industry as it has the $$$.

Couldn't agree more

I second that.

If it gets people to do some research and talk about the film and more impartantly those who were there than surely it can't be a bad thing.

The Ancient Egyptians amongst other things believed that people don't die if people talk about them.

• 4 weeks later...

A British film about British Soldiers, after all the vomit we've seen coming out of Hollywood it seems to me it doesn't get any better than this film. 

Sure it has its flaws, but let us be fair, which film hasn't? 

• Like 2

Little wink in the discussion... my Bedford MW was in the movie... and the renting allow me to install a new rolling door for my truck's garage!

I naturally have seen the movie and think like many others that he was more a good dramatic storie more that one historic recontitution... But human crisis was rather good painted...  and british Soldiers quite appreciated!