9x9 tent

flywheel

Question

4 answers to this question

You can but there will be no floor space. The advantage of a 9x9 is you can put it up by yourself. If you need to sleep three, go for a 12x12.

Cheers Adrian that's what I thought, I didn't really want to go down the 12 x 12 route due to the fact that they are too heavy to put up on your own, so it looks like I will have to look for something non military that will still not look too out of place at shows ( I'm not a fan of seeing bright coloured modern tents at military displays)

Thanks for your reply

Hi

I used to have a 15 foot ridge tent (I think properly called a 160lb patrol tent) that was as big as the 12x12 (if a little less headroom at the sides) but I could safely put it up on my own with a little difficulty - with a second person for 5 minutes it was easy. See: http://www.g0ozs.org/clansman/GB2CRF/subalbum_1.html - It did of course need soft ground for all the guy pegs - the 9x9 and 12x12 are more use to me doing radio events sometimes on paved ground. It also sheds water better in a downpour than the frame tents (my 12x12 with its original canvas tended to have pools along the inside of the eaves - we got soaked at the last Ashford W&P when there was downpour the last night - I believe a liner and support straps are needed to prevent that).

As an aside the 12x12 with a new roof canvas from Anchor is still on e-bay item no. 182694381814 if you do decide on the 12x12 solution - I will be reducing the minimum offer accepted if it doesn't go by Monday ..

Regards

Iain