Cvrt uniforms

Ronsandt

I served on Sabre, normal dress on exercise was full combats and when mounted crewman helmets. When dismounted, again full combats,Mk 6 ballistic helmet and wearing webbing. Bergan that was used to hold personnal kit was of the Other Arms Pattern, commonly referred to as a turtle pack.The Bergan was stored either in the rear turret bin or the rear hull bin, along with the roll mat and sleeping bag. The webbing was normally wrapped round the turret hatches for the turret crew and round the smoke grenade dischargers on the commanders side for the driver. We were issued with L85A1 rifle issued with iron sights, as an aside as we no longer had a GPMG which we could dismount, if possible I would sign out a L86A1 which could be used in an OP or carried on a foot patrol/recce for a bit more firepower.

The kit above was what we were issued to wear, however as per normal, bits of civvy or other bits of kit were added, I for example wore a DPM Barbour waxed jacket, as the issued waterproof were pretty useless until we got Goretex.

Ok just bought a cvrt saber 1991 ish they were used, so what uniform due me and my son wear , as in when using it not formal wear. ?thanks Ron in P.A

If youre after clothing/kit etc to go with it,have plenty of various bits including 2 different types of CVC helmets and an all arms bergen as mentioned.

Thanks