Hullo from Dorset

Good-day to you all,

My name is Max. Regretfully I have no claims to owning historic military vehicles, however, I have driven many during my time with active Army units during the Fifties and have taken a few photos while there. I have your BlueBelle to thank for introducing me to HMVF through my photos in Libya. I do not claim to be such a mine of information as she is, but perhaps I can add interest with some pictures taken while with 3RHA.

I served as an Army Apprentice armourer 1949-1952, a year with 18 Comd WkSp Bovington to 1953 driving a Tilly for range duties, followed by 8 months with the Glosters Training Depot, followed by six & a half years (1954-1960) with the REME LAD of 3RHA (3 years in 10th Armoured Div and three with 3rd Infantry Div)

I have done quite a bit of military research including telling the story of the Dorset village of Abbotsbury in Wartime WW2. My civilian life since 1960, has been entirely taken up with all aspects of photography including news film for television. This includes 15 years working for US and European companies.

Good-day to you all,

My name is Max. Regretfully I have no claims to owning historic military vehicles, however, I have driven many during my time with active Army units during the Fifties and have taken a few photos while there. I have your BlueBelle to thank for introducing me to HMVF through my photos in Libya. I do not claim to be such a mine of information as she is, but perhaps I can add interest with some pictures taken while with 3RHA.

I served as an Army Apprentice armourer 1949-1952, a year with 18 Comd WkSp Bovington to 1953 driving a Tilly for range duties, followed by 8 months with the Glosters Training Depot, followed by six & a half years (1954-1960) with the REME LAD of 3RHA (3 years in 10th Armoured Div and three with 3rd Infantry Div)

I have done quite a bit of military research including telling the story of the Dorset village of Abbotsbury in Wartime WW2. My civilian life since 1960, has been entirely taken up with all aspects of photography including news film for television. This includes 15 years working for US and European companies.

Welcome to the HMVF Max! It's a great place to be and I'd been wondering if you'd ever join though I guess you'd been taking a peek now and again. :)