CHieftain GUE hydraulic hoses

paulob1

I don't have the two hoses so no...its a really rather large press fitting like a normal hydraulic fitting but i don't know what its pressure is or its size...the fitting on the pump is smaller than the fitting on the motor but they are push fit types but just large...I could photograph the fittings my son says he has never seen them and he makes hoses...

I don't have the two hoses so no...its a really rather large press fitting like a normal hydraulic fitting but i don't know what its pressure is or its size...the fitting on the pump is smaller than the fitting on the motor but they are push fit types but just large...I could photograph the fittings my son says he has never seen them and he makes hoses...

Ok, just I own my own hydraulic company. Some odd ball stuff on military vehicles

By unique thread do we mean the bizarre MOD-special fittings with a standard cone but UNF thread? The FV430s are riddled with them!

attachment.php?attachmentid=127683&stc=1

And before anyone asks yes, they have been lock-wired since the photo was taken. :D

Andy

IMG_6058aw.jpg

They look like the quick release fittings made by Flight Refuelling - the Abbot uses them for steering box oil on the engine junction panel.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127690&stc=1

FR tell me that you can still get them but "you won't like the price". If you can't find replacements your best bet might be to change them for something more modern?

Andy

IMG_3454aw.jpg

Paul,

the pressures will not be particularly high since the Chieftain is a very old design (1960s). I would use a modern quick release coupling with roughly the right bore size. It is only the starter so it is very intermittent. If you need some adaptors turned up, there is not much that I cannot make.

John

Have you tried pirtek? we use this style on aircraft ground equipment and they made our hoses.. But I didnt foot the bill.

I'm ex pirtek and own my own hydraulics company now. If I had samples I'm sure I could help.