Army Land Rover Wolf Hardtop Sleeve Cover. Inlet / Output Port. TITHONUS

"Input/output Porthole for communications/power cables installation." Is covered in AESP 2320-D-128-811 Mod Instr No.8, if on-line searches show nothing I can post odd extracts but a bit difficult at moment at WPR.

"Input/output Porthole for communications/power cables installation." Is covered in AESP 2320-D-128-811 Mod Instr No.8, if on-line searches show nothing I can post odd extracts but a bit difficult at moment at WPR.

Clive

Many thanks, will try a search and FOI, there is no hurry had the vehicle for a year and parts for a month

Richard

Edited by Surveyor

Clive

Hunted online found some other interesting documents, sent in an FOI and will wait to see what comes back

Richard

• 1 month later...

The thing to watch though is that with coax feed coming in, the port hole obviously has to be open to a degree, but if it rains, water gets blown into the orifice & also tracks along the coax to make it wet inside. Not a massive ingress but when I sleep in the back the end of my sleeping bag would soon get soaked.

I have been told that in service the sock is everted when coax is used with a slight dip in the coax externally minimises wetness.

The thing to watch though is that with coax feed coming in, the port hole obviously has to be open to a degree, but if it rains, water gets blown into the orifice & also tracks along the coax to make it wet inside. Not a massive ingress but when I sleep in the back the end of my sleeping bag would soon get soaked.

I have been told that in service the sock is everted when coax is used with a slight dip in the coax externally minimises wetness.

Clive

Many thanks, that is a bit further down the line, at present only want exterior to look right, internally latter maybe, but so glad to get the thing done,

Richard