Meteor mags needed

eddy8men

shame ! there's plenty of exhaust mags about but not many inlet ones. seems odd but that's the way it is,

adrian the meteor you sold me covered in oil turned out to be in great condition, as you suspected it was changed due to the oil leak which was caused by a cracked pipe that fed the pulley gearbox.

Rick, have you tried Aviation Jersey ltd? They might be able to help as they were the main parts supplier for the Meteor rebuild programme for Op Granby. It's just possible that they might still have some. If not, do you have the old ones? they can be rebuilt, someone who lives near to me had some rebuilt recently.

Rick,

I have found that for people at our level the mags are pretty straight forward especially if you have an EMER that covers them. The EMER for the Antar and the Meteorite gives full details but I don't know what is covered in the 4B EMER. Apart from the rotor arm are there many parts which are handed? Even the testing of them is not particularly difficult. It is basically to ensure that regular sparking occurs at a certain number of revs and continues at higher revs. The HT has to be able to jump a prescribed gap.

I would have thought that if you had an old inlet mag and a rebuilt Exhaust mag you could make a good inlet one.

The Antar EMER describes overhauling the plug lead harness. It is pretty straight forward apart from the need to pull the new HT cable through the harness. You would need to get some small dia HT cable.

John

we borrowed an inlet mag from another engine to test both of mine. so i will need an inlet mag and 2 inlet harnesses. i mentioned changing the HT leads to the engine guy but he didn't seem keen on the idea. maybe he knows something i don't, if i can't find NOS replacements then i'll have to bodge what we have

• 4 weeks later...
we borrowed an inlet mag from another engine to test both of mine. so i will need an inlet mag and 2 inlet harnesses. i mentioned changing the HT leads to the engine guy but he didn't seem keen on the idea. maybe he knows something i don't, if i can't find NOS replacements then i'll have to bodge what we have

I can find the parts you need , I aso do a conversion to run modern leads and plugs and electronic ignition