1940 Matchless G3WO (panel tank) motorcycle for sale

matchlesswdg3

Alas, due to me wearing out faster than my bikes, I am transitioning to four wheel MVs! Literally just finished the complete restoration of this fine Matchless. The guts of the work is featured in an AJS& Matchless Owners Club magazine article and was masterminded by the ex-President. I have corrected various mistakes made with fittings and tinware, and started commissioning, but it runs (it's fast) and stops and is road legal. Likely will need a bit of setting up, but otherwise ready to show and use. I want £6,500.00 which is a fair bit less than it cost to restore, as is usual! This is a genuinely rare example of the girder fork precursor to the WDG3L, as used by the BEF.

et9jq9.jpg

That is nice . Just a damn shame it wasn't for sale in about 3 months time when my other shed is built and finished , I'd have given it a good home just stuck for space at the moment :rolleyes: .

Dave

Greasy side down . . .

Hi, What part of the country are you based in? Can the bike be viewed? Do you have any more pictures; off side, rear and of the instruments? Do you know what work has been done to the engine and gearbox, and how much of the tin ware is original?