WW2 British officers Tent. Soldier of Fortune.

Ian L

Soldier of Fortune WW2 British Officers tent.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/british-officers-6-x-6-ft-2-man-tent-product,17576

I was thinking of buying one along with the fly sheet to keep in the back of the Humber 'Box' as its lighter, cleaner, more authentic & takes up less room than the 9x9 that I currently use.

Has anyone get a second hand one forsale or owns one & has any observations regards quality etc.

Soldier of Fortune WW2 British Officers tent.

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/british-officers-6-x-6-ft-2-man-tent-product,17576

I was thinking of buying one along with the fly sheet to keep in the back of the Humber 'Box' as its lighter, cleaner, more authentic & takes up less room than the 9x9 that I currently use.

Has anyone get a second hand one forsale or owns one & has any observations regards quality etc.

The colour look naf

Looks ok - immediate observations compared to my 1940 dated one - none are massive issues though IMO (though have never seen these repro tents other than in photos).

Canvas too dark - Mine canvas is light brown colour, but then tarred on the outside to make it darker (later war though canvas was made in the darker colour)

Only one "door" - Mine has a door at both ends (convenient to be able to change the end you want to leave the tent from)

Poles - Mine has two piece upright poles as well as a two piece ridge pole (easily rectified if you need to)

Closure - Mine has an overlap with metal hooks rather than the lace and eye arrangement (however when wet and the canvas shrinks, it can be hard to open mine, so the lace and eye arrangement might be better).

Over all, have often wished mine was 7x7... the officer's camp bed is 6x6 and therefore very snug fit with the ends of the tent... but, great tent and very happy with the many years I've used it.

Hope this helps.

Tim

I agree with you and am thinking of doing exactly the same as you are, just one thing a 9x9 will stand on a hard surface, is that important to you at anytime ?

If you do buy one I would welcome you letting me know how you get on compared to a 9x9

Hi guys thanks for your input but I've decided against this tent for several reasons, colour, quality ? price & too small for 2 people for more than a weekend.

Also I've been offered a slightly larger period tent in 'as new' condition for a fraction of the price.

As for my 9x9 well I've never used it on a hard surface so that's not an issue & ill properly put that up for sale in the near future as its not WW2 period.