Ferret vehicle History cards deciphering

ch5993

Hello all.

Can anyone assist with deciphering the history cards for my Ferret Mk1 33 BA 71? I get the general gist of where it was assigned but i'm curious about the code change and conversion.

Does anyone know why the cards don't go all the way back to its in service date of 1954?

Also, does the Mk1 (VHF) designator have any significance over just Mk1?

Many thanks,

Chris

VHC 33BA71 card 2.jpg

VHC 33BA71 card 1.jpg

The history cards rarely go all the way back to manufacture. I'm not sure if the record keeping system changed over at some point in the past, but it seems that when the old card was full, a new one was issued and the old one was discarded.

VHF indicates the type of radio setup installed.

Code changes are generally significant upgrades. I know my Saracen had one when it was upgraded to a Mk 5 and when it was changed from an ambulance to an APC.

Cheers,

Terry

Looks like yours was converted from larkspur to Clansman, then converted back from Clansman. Then struck off. Not seen it listed like that before.

36 year service history... thats going some :-)

Bazz, in service pics would be great if you have any.

Thanks to all. I've just been told by Bovy that the records system only started in 1968 and prior to that there was no system to record vehicle history or transfers.

Toolman, i'll e-mail some photos for the register.

Chris