This weeks Scammell Explorer question.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone got a picture of the said "scotch pads", I need to make two. Thanks.

The Governor.

Your welcome to borrow mine after the season if you would like Mark to copy. There is another set at home not on a vehicle belonging to a mate , I will ask if they are still wanted or can be loaned to copy.

• 2 weeks later...

Today's question relates to the bridge weight disc.

I have obtained one of the disc's to go on the front of my Scammell explorer, I would like to know, what is the correct weight to put on the disc ?, and should there be a line underneath the weight with another number ?. If so what is this number relating too ?

The Governor.

DSC00721.jpg

Today's question relates to the bridge weight disc.

I have obtained one of the disc's to go on the front of my Scammell explorer, I would like to know, what is the correct weight to put on the disc ?, and should there be a line underneath the weight with another number ?. If so what is this number relating too ?

The Governor.

Bridge Classification for a Scammell Medium was 15. Straight out of the WD "B" Vehicle Data Book. Think you would only find double numbering on this vehicle if it was used with a trailer on a regular / permanent basis.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The weight plate

I have not got any photos of this on 94BD67 but I have found one from an earlier Scammell we had - very similar to yours and that is 23 over 14. I'll try to post a couple of photos but not sure they will come out a reasonable size. Both this veh and 94BD67 had extension tool chests on rear and not sure if the extra weight makes any difference.

Max

1955-147w-Dec-El Ballah Gordon camp- Salt flats belly down.jpg

1955-146aw Weight plate Scammell Ex.jpg

Edited by smleno4
Spelling