New Museum in Jordan opening 2018

draganm

The Royal Jordanian tank museum, I know it's been around but it was a private collection of the king? Not sure on the history but next year will open a public museum, huge facility telling the history of both Jordanian forces and also armored warfare. 40 minutes from the airport. We know they have some rare stuff, both German, UK, and American armor, but I bet there will be some surprises too . Rumors they might have gotten some of the panzer IV's from the Golan?

Anyway, I think this is an as-yet unknown Archer? any guess as to what's poking around behind it? Charioteer?

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/tank_museum_jordan

image-3.jpg

The Royal Jordanian tank museum, I know it's been around but it was a private collection of the king? Not sure on the history but next year will open a public museum, huge facility telling the history of both Jordanian forces and also armored warfare. 40 minutes from the airport. We know they have some rare stuff, both German, UK, and American armor, but I bet there will be some surprises too . Rumors they might have gotten some of the panzer IV's from the Golan?

Anyway, I think this is an as-yet unknown Archer? any guess as to what's poking around behind it? Charioteer?

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/tank_museum_jordan

image-3.jpg

Surely something has a different paint job?

Hopefully they do not use the same paint scheme for the walls and floor.

If they don't it's because they didn't think of it.

Amazing how fast an identical paintjob gets annoying, regardless what vehicle is under the paint.

Edited by earlymb

I remember being approached by the Jordanians when I had my Humber MkIV Armoured Car for sale. All they wanted to offer me was post war armour in exchange (no money) even though Kevin Wheatcroft had suggested to me that they did have some war-time armour available to exchange.

They subsequently brought it off of the Dutch dealer I sold it to for no doubt for thousands more than I had it offered for and without the spare engine and other spares I had put together to keep it running. The fitted engine was very worn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
For those interested i have came across a video of one of the architects on a walk around with a kid, some interesting kit in the background for the observant
that's the achitects son, pretty sure he's the one who painted the tanks :D

All joking aside, I thinks it's great that a new museum is opening. Australia, now Jordan, more power to those behind them.
there's a new armor museum in the northwest USA now, actually an expansion of the flying Heritage museum owned by Paul Allen (never did find out if he finally was awarded the Littlfield panzer IV that went to court after the auction confusion?). Now called the flying Heritage and Combat Armor Museum, it looks to be a full day for anyone planning to visit and see it all. Some super rare pieces in this massive collection, where in the world did they find that complete Type 95 Ha-go?

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Explore/The-Collection.aspx

Also, in the Northeast US, the Collings Foundation, (after a lengthy court battle with neighbors), was finally awarded zoning approval for their expansion which will show the bulk of the former Littlefield armor collection. Like Bovi, both places put on tank-days style events and combat re-enactments

The plan is to construct a 67,000-square-foot American Heritage Museum providing historical lessons on the shaping of the country from the American Revolution to the Afghanistan War. Some of the rare artifacts include a Revolutionary War cannon, a Higgins Boat from World War II and piece of the Berlin Wall, Collings said.

“There really isn’t any major museum in the United States that has major ground military artifacts,” he said.