Source for ration packs

BRDM Driver

Regarding ration packs, are you by chance looking for some that date from the age of your vehicle or display?

I saw some 24 hour ration packs at Capel at the weekend that were not as expensive as your ebay ones, but strangely they were undated but by the look of them they were newish. At one time W&P used to be the place for some ration boxes dated 1980 to '90, so hopefully whoever has them in their stock now should remember to bring them to WPR in a few weeks!

It's always the things that are in plentiful supply that you can't be bothered to buy a the time - that you have to hunt for forever after!

Genuine MOD issue ration packs, be it in date or out of date, have limited options for legal disposal it would seem.

attachment.php?attachmentid=127226&stc=1

I had always assumed that MoD ration packs were not really legal to sell, so any on ebay would be a bit dodgy. But there are a lot for sale and no one seems to have clamped down on them. I just wondered where they are coming from.

The box says "Unless otherwise directed by the MOD, this ration pack and its contents remain property of the MOD. Any unauthorised sale, dealing or other use inconsistent with the MOD's proprietary rights is prohibited and may constitute a criminal offence"

Yes there are endless threads on ARRSE about the pilfering of rations & prosecutions of those selling them on especially on auction sites.

Possibly because no one want wants them these days so units get stuck with shed loads. All the old favourites are gone in the name of PC or "healthy eating". Sausage or burger in beans for breakfast have been replaced by friggin muesli!! Biscuits AB, meat paste, biscuits fruit, yorkie bars, babys head - all gone or more or less gone.

I have some modern boxes here that have nothing in that I would willingly select for a meal.

Possibly because no one want wants them these days so units get stuck with shed loads. All the old favourites are gone in the name of PC or "healthy eating". Sausage or burger in beans for breakfast have been replaced by friggin muesli!! Biscuits AB, meat paste, biscuits fruit, yorkie bars, babys head - all gone or more or less gone.

I have some modern boxes here that have nothing in that I would willingly select for a meal.

Come on then, WTF is Babys head?

I've heard of track pad in chocolate sauce and Sponge pudding in petrol or something like that!

I thought the curries were pretty good. In fact I thought all the main meals were ok. Never tried any from the 70's or 80's though.

The French's menu sounds very up market!

Baby's Heads are one of the joys of being wet cold and miserable at the end of the day. They are small individual Fray Bentos Steack and Kidney pies. Definitly 6 stars! :-D

Oats, instant with Flakes, Dried apple to follow.

Biscuits Fruit AB, Garabaldi's on steroids.

Edited by Tony B

Baby's Heads are one of the joys of being wet cold and miserable at the end of the day. They are small individual Fray Bentos Steack and Kidney pies. Definitly 6 stars! :-D

Oats, instant with Flakes, Dried apple to follow.

Biscuits Fruit AB, Garabaldi's on steroids.

Tony nailed it :-) Although more pudding than pie if memory serves me. :)