My first post

IAN_B

I have joined this forum because I have just acquired a heap of parts for a 1920 Thornycroft J truck, and my initial research has revealed a fantastic account of the restoration of one of these vehicles on the forum. These trucks are few and far between here in Australia, and so far I have just a couple of leads to existing vehicles.

I have brought the loose items home today, but a reasonably complete M4 engine and two chasses are yet to be transported home. I have not yet decided what I might do, as restoration is probably out of the question. Initially, I would like to set the M4 engine up as a running display, to compliment my Gardner 6LX and Foden FD6 engines that I take to shows.

I have no military related interests other than a couple of WW2 period stationary engines that were manufactured for the war effort. I do, however, own a 1960 Thornycroft model ML truck that I use for transport and . Some of my stuff can be seen at: http://www.cobahcastiron.weebly.com.

Ian

I have not yet decided what I might do, as restoration is probably out of the question. Initially, I would like to set the M4 engine up as a running display, to compliment my Gardner 6LX and Foden FD6 engines that I take to shows.

Hi Ian.

Glad that you found us! Restoration is never out of the question. You have far more than we did when we started! If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

Welcome in!

Steve :)