REME Museum now open

TJSB

Dear all,

the REME Museum in Lyneham is now open, Tues to Sat 1000-1630. There are displays, shop, cafe, research and education facilities. At £7 for adults, £5 for children, it seems to be good value. It is on the A 3102, same as the main gate for MOD Lyneham which is well signposted, try SN15 4PT. More details on their website. http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/

Enjoy!

T

That is great news; does the collection of MVs now include what was at Borden and at old REME Museum at Arborfield?

I would doubt if they would have the room but wait for a report from the first visitor.

Can anyone confirm if the old Bordon Storage Sheds are still standing? The TA side of the site where I used to go with 104 Battalion is now cleared for housing.

There are a number of rare and interesting vehicles in the Museum open to the public (eg Sherman BARV). The Reserve collection is housed on the far side of Lyneham site, so not all of them are on display.

T

Vehicles at the new REME Museum are BARV, Bedford QL Machinery, BSA M20, Churchill ARV, Commer Q4, CRRAVV, CVRT Samson, FV434, Halftrack repair, Matchless G3L, Morris Commercial Breakdown, Scammell, Scout Helicopter, ST4 Aktiv, Western Star. Some were on display at Arborfield, while others are from the store at Bordon.

Vehicles at the new REME Museum are BARV, Bedford QL Machinery, BSA M20, Churchill ARV, Commer Q4, CRRAVV, CVRT Samson, FV434, Halftrack repair, Matchless G3L, Morris Commercial Breakdown, Scammell, Scout Helicopter, ST4 Aktiv, Western Star. Some were on display at Arborfield, while others are from the store at Bordon.

Hi Robert,

Have they ditched the Chevrolet C60S Wrecker that used to be at Arborfield? Glad I went and photographed it in detail.

Hi Robert,

Have they ditched the Chevrolet C60S Wrecker that used to be at Arborfield? Glad I went and photographed it in detail.

Must be in storage. They still have it, as far as I know. Only the Jeep and Humber car that were privately owned and have gone.

Dear all,

the REME Museum in Lyneham is now open, Tues to Sat 1000-1630. There are displays, shop, cafe, research and education facilities. At £7 for adults, £5 for children, it seems to be good value. It is on the A 3102, same as the main gate for MOD Lyneham which is well signposted, try SN15 4PT. More details on their website. http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/

Enjoy!

T

According to the web site the research facility is still unavailable.