Question. Airlines on Scammell.

In both photo's are the ends of my air lines for connecting to trailers if towing. As you can see, they are incorrect.

Does any one have a detailed close up photo of this area on both sides with the correct ends and brackets ?, which I guess would have been bolted to the main frame in the two holes adjacent to the area I am discussing. Thanks in advance.

The Governor.

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

In both photo's are the ends of my air lines for connecting to trailers if towing. As you can see, they are incorrect.

Does any one have a detailed close up photo of this area on both sides with the correct ends and brackets ?, which I guess would have been bolted to the main frame in the two holes adjacent to the area I am discussing. Thanks in advance.

The Governor.

20160807_121829.jpg

Attached are some "in service" photographs of the area in question and the air valves. The Scammell involved in the suspended tow of the Bedford has the same triangular number plate brackets that Richard mentioned. However, the pics of the other two Scammells show that the number plate was mounted in a number of different ways. Its a shame that the back end of your Scammell has been badly butchered - I can see that the folding support legs that are used when raising a heavy load with the jib are missing. I remember spending many unhappy hours every year prior to the annual REME inspection, wire brushing, oiling and greasing these legs to make them work. Since we were regularly driving through salt water, these were particularly prone to corrosion.

Regards - David

scr1.jpg

scr2.jpg

scr3.jpg

scr4.jpg

Thanks again for the replies, I can now see that there is a few things that I need to look out for on the second hand market, I will have to get the air lines sorted out first.

David, as you can see from the photo, "missing but not forgotten". I still have those two supports, and the key's which I removed when I put the tow bar on, to pull what was our home for a year. The tow bar is secured in the same bolt holes, so just unscrew,and refit.They are waiting to be refitted when they have been restored, so if you are a dab hand at cleaning them, come on over and re live your past .LOL.

The Governor.

DSC00460.jpg

Thanks again for the replies, I can now see that there is a few things that I need to look out for on the second hand market, I will have to get the air lines sorted out first.

David, as you can see from the photo, "missing but not forgotten". I still have those two supports, and the key's which I removed when I put the tow bar on, to pull what was our home for a year. The tow bar is secured in the same bolt holes, so just unscrew,and refit.They are waiting to be refitted when they have been restored, so if you are a dab hand at cleaning them, come on over and re live your past .LOL.

The Governor.

Thanks for the "kind" offer Governor, but I think I'll pass up on this particular opportunity! It's nice to see that you still have all of the bits needed to put your Explorer back to standard and it looks as though you are doing a very fine job of it. We didn't often use these legs - they were used for odd jobs such as lifting Saracens to take off the middle wheel sets for suspended towing.

Best Regards - David