Wolf Paint Schemes

Surveyor

I was looking at Witham and this caught may attention, Land Rover Defender WOLF 130, I have not seen a vehicle with this colour scheme.

Can any one advise why or what the intention was/is, especially the red;

original.jpg

I saw one of these at Ashchurch last year, and asked about the camo scheme, apparently it is used in the British army training area in Kenya.

Richard,

These are conversions from the Pulse ambulances. Withams had loads of take off ambulance bodies a while back. I have seen these out and about... even saw one in McDonalds car park near Lincoln a few months back.

Chris

Richard,

These are conversions from the Pulse ambulances. Withams had loads of take off ambulance bodies a while back. I have seen these out and about... even saw one in McDonalds car park near Lincoln a few months back.

Chris

Chris

many thanks it gets more interesting

Richard

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We (Land Training Fleet Warminster) have just taken delivery of 10 Land Rovers very similar to the one in this thread, but with a hard top over the crew compartment and painted NATO satin green. They were converted from Pulse ambulances by DSG at Colchester, as Project HEBE, (does anyone know what HEBE means?). Apparently they are going to be used by mortar platoons. Sorry that there aren't any photos, but photography is strictly forbidden at work, which is a shame as they are a rather nice vehicle. I did ask if I could have one and was 'politely' declined, or told where to go.

Edited by johnwardle
Punctuation

A small number of Landrover xD 'Wolf' Ambulances were converted into 130 Double Cab Pick Ups with soft tops to the cab and sent out to the British Army Training Unit in Kenya. Dispatched from the UK in commercial white paint and, as we can see, were repainted with a local camouflage scheme in Kenya.

Project HEBE saw DSG Colchester convert additional Landrover xD 'Wolf' Ambulances into 130 Double Cab Pick Ups with hard tops to the cab for British Army units, painted in NATO green. 'HEBE' is not an abbreviation but was named after the Greek goddess for youth, rebirthing these vehicles and giving them further useful service life.

http://www.safetydevices.com/i/gallery/121.1315401270.jpg

Here's one in NATO green, courtesy Safety Devices' website

10 68

That one doesn't have the cover for the load bed, which has 2 zips on each side and the rear flap which can be rolled up leaving the corner sections in place. The official designation is Land Rover Wolf 130 DCPU (Dual Cab Pick Up)