3rd edition of British Forces Motor Cycles 1925-1945

johnwardle

This evening at the West Wilts MVT meeting Chris Orchard brought in the latest edition of his book, British Forces Motor Cycles that he had just received today from his publisher.

This third edition has a lot more information in the frame and engine number tables, and a very interesting chapter 'Motorcycles with provenance' which includes a list dated 2nd June 1944 of motorcycles for embarkation for Provost duties, this list contains census numbers, names of riders and the unit that they were attached to! if you are lucky enough to own one of the bikes listed then you can't get better proof than this. The list was provided by the RMP museum, who have since not been able to find it.

Chris Orchard has been invited to give a presentation in the authors tent at the War and Peace Revival, he will be there on the Thursday and Friday to answer questions and sign copies of his new book.

This evening at the West Wilts MVT meeting Chris Orchard brought in the latest edition of his book, British Forces Motor Cycles that he had just received today from his publisher.

This third edition has a lot more information in the frame and engine number tables, and a very interesting chapter 'Motorcycles with provenance' which includes a list dated 2nd June 1944 of motorcycles for embarkation for Provost duties, this list contains census numbers, names of riders and the unit that they were attached to! if you are lucky enough to own one of the bikes listed then you can't get better proof than this. The list was provided by the RMP museum, who have since not been able to find it.

Chris Orchard has been invited to give a presentation in the authors tent at the War and Peace Revival, he will be there on the Thursday and Friday to answer questions and sign copies of his new book.

Do you know where we can buy this book please, a quick internet search didn't bring anything up?

Can I just politely remind people that this is also MY book, not simply Chris Orchard's. It always was, and remains since first publication a joint collaborative work with equal input from BOTH of us. Steve Madden

Can I just politely remind people that this is also MY book, not simply Chris Orchard's. It always was, and remains since first publication a joint collaborative work with equal input from BOTH of us. Steve Madden

Steve, please accept my apologies for omitting you as co-author, I usually credit both of you when quoting from your excellent book. Apologies again.

Regards

John