I have an Auto Union Munga which was first registered here in 1979. The V5C confirms this and also states " declared manufactured in 1965 " The plate on the bulkhead is also stamped 1965 and also gives the engine number.

At sometime the engine has been replaced and I have the number of the engine now in the vehicle.The number shown on the V5C bears no resemblance to this or any number in the manufacturers sequence for this type of vehicle.

The vehicle colour is shown as brown but should be green.

I also have a letter from the then MVT examiner confirming the above and stating it should be in the Historic Vehicle Tax class.

Does anyone see a problem with me sending the V5C to the DVLA asking them to amend their details and issuing me with a new V5C with an age related number ?

If it is the Historic vehicle class will it qualify for zero road tax ?

Once a vehicle is in Historic DVLA aren't worried about engine changes and such after objections from hundreds of owners who have historics but have no documentation to prove provenance.

Lots petrol to diesel conversions to historics have been notified without need for a receipt for the engine used, I did one myself no problems.

However lately DVLA have tightened up and when a vehicle enters Historic for the first time (maybe on PLG SORN for years) they now expect it to be pretty well as originally built, if the engine is of the original type it should be ok but no guarantees.

I would have a word with them, but I would have thought a covering letter explaining it's an ex military vehicle with no records would sort it out.

Yes zero tax to pay.

Bernard

I have an Auto Union Munga which was first registered here in 1979. The V5C confirms this and also states " declared manufactured in 1965 " The plate on the bulkhead is also stamped 1965 and also gives the engine number.

At sometime the engine has been replaced and I have the number of the engine now in the vehicle.The number shown on the V5C bears no resemblance to this or any number in the manufacturers sequence for this type of vehicle.

The vehicle colour is shown as brown but should be green.

I also have a letter from the then MVT examiner confirming the above and stating it should be in the Historic Vehicle Tax class.

Does anyone see a problem with me sending the V5C to the DVLA asking them to amend their details and issuing me with a new V5C with an age related number ?

If it is the Historic vehicle class will it qualify for zero road tax ?

I tried to change a Ferguson tractor from petrol to TVO recently due to an error on the V5c and they wanted an invoice for the engine change!