Bedford MW - Chassis search found! HELP: 59YR53

Ox&Bucks

Hi All,

Having no history on my Bedford MW I put in a chassis search to the RLC Archive. That was 11 months ago and I assumed all was lost....... but today I received a message to say the found it on a Key Card. Thrilled!

So my MW's post war reg was 59YR53. The record also gives a Z number converted from, 4833967 ........ and a few other snippets to help me look for a B card.

Does anyone know where the YR bit in the registration may indicate it was attached to in the army?

Ed

I did not know that, and it is helpful as it explains why the Z number is shown a M/E on the contract number census. It must stand for Middle East and was a batch of numbers given to vehicles rent out to the Middle East theater.

I did not know that, and it is helpful as it explains why the Z number is shown a M/E on the contract number census. It must stand for Middle East and was a batch of numbers given to vehicles rent out to the Middle East theater.

As the chassis number is only 21 vehicles away from the entry above it, I would hazard a shrewd guess it is from that Contract as well.

Further down there is another entry with NN (no number?) crossed out and a contract number written in.

Well I'm still awaiting a response 3 years on :-D................. think I might have to give it another try, is there anyone in particular to speak too ?

Hello matey, if your get on Facebook theres a Bedford MW group on there. John Rippingham is the man to talk to he knows everything about Bedford Mws

Tom