Combatting ethanol in petrol?

BRDM Driver

Firstly check out the specification of the petrol or diesel that you are going to use, then you can work out the worst elements that you want to combat and the mix to add. By and large any fuel addative will help in some way. Most fuels are a basis to work from and not the finished product. Addatives help to improve combustion and lubricate seals, keep jets and injectors clean also stop fuel from attacking supply lines or the fuel tank from the inside. Modern fuels with added Bio fuel have another problem to combat, algi growth during lay up.

I use STA-BIL 360°® Marine. It is th best I have found. Also, I have rebuilt the carb, and fuel pump with Ethanol safe kits.

Helps prevent corrosion above and below the fuel line

Ultimate treatment and protection against Ethanol blended fuels

Helps clean fuel system to improve performance

Stabilizes fuel up to 12 months

sta-bil.jpg

I've not used fuel stabilizes before but I do use an additive (Castrol valve master ) to supposedly help combat valve and seat erosion caused by unleaded fuel.

The question I have is: Are the two treatments compatible?, or is there the chance of some nasty gloppy reaction happening in the tank and lines any one know the answer or experience of using both at the same time?

Pete