CVRT two ropes

martynsmith

I'm after info on the eight foot tow ropes sometimes seen on the front of CVRT's.

Am I right in thinking these are not the same as the kinetic energy ropes?

I found this pic below I reckon they are eight foot ropes, and as I understand it the recovery process involves 2 x eight foot ropes and 1 x 30 foot kinetic rope? The kinetic rope is normally carried on one troop vehicle or a Samson?

If I'm correct what is the proper nomenclature for the ropes below? Anyone have any good pictures of the tow ropes on your vehicles? Any pics of the 30' KER?

A few questions there, thanks in anticipation for any help.

Finally; does anyone have a Scorpion/Scimitar CES I can beg for, especially the section on 'vehicle loose items'?

Cheers

Smudge

sabre_tank_2008-08-09.jpg

S7306161..jpg

Edited by martynsmith

I'm after info on the eight foot tow ropes sometimes seen on the front of CVRT's.

Am I right in thinking these are not the same as the kinetic energy ropes?

I found this pic below I reckon they are eight foot ropes, and as I understand it the recovery process involves 2 x eight foot ropes and 1 x 30 foot kinetic rope? The kinetic rope is normally carried on one troop vehicle or a Samson?

If I'm correct what is the proper nomenclature for the ropes below? Anyone have any good pictures of the tow ropes on your vehicles? Any pics of the 30' KER?

A few questions there, thanks in anticipation for any help.

Finally; does anyone have a Scorpion/Scimitar CES I can beg for, especially the section on 'vehicle loose items'?

Cheers

Smudge

Hi Martyn, The correct nomenclature for the tow ropes is; Rope, Towing; Terylene, Multiplait, 8ft 2in Long, Loop Both Ends.

The tow ropes are fitted to the vehicle with 2 Shackle; Steel, Large Dee, 5 Tons SWL. There is also a 7 Ton D shackle which goes through the loose ends of the tow ropes and onto the tow hitch of the towing vehicle.

There is no mention in the 741 (CES list) of a 30' KERR Kinetic Energy Recovery Rope, the longest that I have seen is the 5 metre ones used on Cougar variants.

I have a copy of the CES for the Scimitar (Diesel) and will scan it on to a CD-ROM when I get time.