Dodge WC51 VSL 424. Does anybody know previous owners....

WOMBLE

......just finished stripping down and re-assembling VSL424 - a hard grind over winter in a freezing cold shed. These are the joys of owning these great vehicles. I would love to get in touch with previous owner(s) though, to get some background on her. Please, can anybody help

regards to everyone......Gerard Bauer

smDSCF7024a.jpg

smDSCF7025a.jpg

smDSCF7026.jpg

smDSCF7030.jpg

smDSCF7033a.jpg

smDSCF7041.jpg

smDSCF7043a.jpg

Can't help with the history I'm afraid but nice looking truck :thumbsup: good job.

Iv'e had a couple of Weapons of Carriers over the years and found them a good compromise between the nippy convince of the jeep and the usefulness and of a larger truck.

The skinned knuckles and frost bite will soon fade when you're out cruising with the cab canvas off.....well maybe, this is Britain after all...... so beware of the 2 gallons of collected rain water from the bed tilt coming under the cab sheet and down the back of the neck when you brake, ....Oh how we laughed :argh:... note to self always drain the bed tilt after standing in rain before pulling away

Pete

The skinned knuckles and frost bite will soon fade when you're out cruising with the cab canvas off.....well maybe, this is Britain after all...... so beware of the 2 gallons of collected rain water from the bed tilt coming under the cab sheet and down the back of the neck when you brake, ....Oh how we laughed :argh:... note to self always drain the bed tilt after standing in rain before pulling away

Pete

That has happened to allways all who drove a Weapons carrier.

Back in '99, I was at a MY rally driving without the top when I noticed a large puddle of muddy water and decided to speed up before driving through it.

The mud came up giving us a split second to realise we were stuffed.....:wow:

The mud went over the windscreen soaking us.

I stopped, got out, slipped on the muddy running board and fell next to the Dodge, laughing my bum off.:D

A guy who saw it happening appreciated that and we've been mates ever since.

......just finished stripping down and re-assembling VSL424 - a hard grind over winter in a freezing cold shed. These are the joys of owning these great vehicles. I would love to get in touch with previous owner(s) though, to get some background on her. Please, can anybody help

regards to everyone......Gerard Bauer

Hi Gerard, don't know if you remember me but you said I could have your door kit off the dodge. It's looking great, are you still waiting to sell the door kit and if so how much do you want for them.

All the best Steve.

Can't help with the history I'm afraid but nice looking truck :thumbsup: good job.

Iv'e had a couple of Weapons of Carriers over the years and found them a good compromise between the nippy convince of the jeep and the usefulness and of a larger truck.

Pete

I won't take her out much in winter - the open top is the way I like it but I take your point. This is my first WW2 vehicle and I flipping love it. Every night I go to the shed and just sniff the oily air. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but she's just jealous of my 'other woman'...

Hi Gerard, don't know if you remember me but you said I could have your door kit off the dodge. It's looking great, are you still waiting to sell the door kit and if so how much do you want for them.

All the best Steve.

Steve, yes - I'll figure a price out

cheers

We had a we 51 for 25 years , it had an all steel rear body , the only wood was the seat slats, it was re registered, what's that like inside?

The same as that..steel body and wood slats - and wood on the floor of the bed.