Ex Camp Bastion Grizzly Quad

Tarland

I have managed to acquire a Grizzly ATV that was used at Camp Bastion by the heilcopter support force.

It is fitted with IR lights etc. These appear to be operated from a box mounted on the front right mud guard. However 85% of the markings on the box have been worn off.

Can anyone shed any light (literally) on what operates through the two position and three position toggle switches in this box?

Cheers

I'd post a photo but it would just show a black JB with very faint markings.... and dont have one of those IR monoculars to see if the lights are working!

There are 2 switches on the left hand side of the black box, the upper one has 2 positions, up for lights and down for blackout. The lower switch has 3 positions, up for front & rear lights, centre for Infra Red off, and down for rear lights only.

Running down the centre right of the box is the daily check list (first parade)

T tyres & wheels

C controls & cables

L lights & electrics

O oil & fuel

C chassis & drive shafts

All this lettering is screen printed on to the black box in white and will be a devil of a job to replicate.

Hope this helps. John

There are 2 switches on the left hand side of the black box, the upper one has 2 positions, up for lights and down for blackout. The lower switch has 3 positions, up for front & rear lights, centre for Infra Red off, and down for rear lights only.

Running down the centre right of the box is the daily check list (first parade)

T tyres & wheels

C controls & cables

L lights & electrics

O oil & fuel

C chassis & drive shafts

All this lettering is screen printed on to the black box in white and will be a devil of a job to replicate.

Hope this helps. John

John, All,

Thanks for the suggestions/info...........

Switches as described. I can just make out "Oil" which is what had me puzzled about the switches....... The print is obviously transferred/screen printed on to the cover of the box and as you say will be impossible to repair/replicate.

Will break out the multimeter and see whats passing through the box in the first instance. The IR lights are tiny LED units - one each side on the rear and a bank of 4 in the front grill.....

Thanks again

In cases like this silk screen print on to suitable sticker remove the switches apply the sticker refit the switches.

most sign writers would be able to make it for you.