Penman Trailer "duck board"

The Duckboards are made from approximately 40mm X 20mm tanalised soft wood, the profile is 'D' shaped with the square corners at the bottom and the rounded corners at the top. The lower rails run side to side and the upper rails run front to rear with approximately 125mm square openings. The measurements are approximate as all our trailers are out.

The Duckboards are supplied by Penman MW Ltd, Heath Hall Ind Est, Heathall. Dumfries DG1 3NY. Penmans part number is K8232 the NSN is 2590-99-724-2328, they are quite cheap, the military only pay £54 each!

I hope that this helps.

John

Did you mean dimensionally John? As the drawing in the IPC is a bit wonky.

attachment.php?attachmentid=126099&stc=1

Thanks Clive, that shows the layout a lot better than I described it, I was going to print off the image on the 741, but that wouldn't have been any better.

The Duckboards are made from approximately 40mm X 20mm tanalised soft wood, the profile is 'D' shaped with the square corners at the bottom and the rounded corners at the top. The lower rails run side to side and the upper rails run front to rear with approximately 125mm square openings. The measurements are approximate as all our trailers are out.

The Duckboards are supplied by Penman MW Ltd, Heath Hall Ind Est, Heathall. Dumfries DG1 3NY. Penmans part number is K8232 the NSN is 2590-99-724-2328, they are quite cheap, the military only pay £54 each!

I hope that this helps.

John

John

Unfortunately Penman went into receivership and had none left, the timber merchant who supplied Penman only had a broken one and at the time I did not have a suitable vehicle to transport it to repair.

I have the trailer manual now after posting the thread and can work out the spacing, but the information you have given means I can start setting out and getting the timber, nice job for fine summer days.

Thanks

Richard

Surveyor you are lucky to get a response with so much information, I asked the same question relating to the wide track trailers of the previous generation and drew a blank. You are lucky chum

Robin

My last line was to a local Army Base and ask but you never know what they would say

Richard

Richard, that is a great idea but has one minor flaw, I am in Eastern Canada and the nearest British Army base is an airfare away!

Note to self, see if people sate location on thread.

Sorry missed that but meant myself.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...