Bedford nuts

mark4974

We are probably all nuts but my question regards the nuts that connect the con rods to the camshaft on the Bedford 28hp engine.

I'm presuming they are the same for the MW, QL, etc (I have a QL) and need a new set of 12. Easy enough to get hold of I thought but when I checked the parts list it describes them as Nut, special, connecting rod cap stud.

Does anybody know what is special about them (my guess was they are hardened?). Also, does anyone know the size and thread off the tops of their head as I don't have the con rods with me.

Many thanks,

Mark

We are probably all nuts but my question regards the nuts that connect the con rods to the camshaft on the Bedford 28hp engine.

I'm presuming they are the same for the MW, QL, etc (I have a QL) and need a new set of 12. Easy enough to get hold of I thought but when I checked the parts list it describes them as Nut, special, connecting rod cap stud.

Does anybody know what is special about them (my guess was they are hardened?). Also, does anyone know the size and thread off the tops of their head as I don't have the con rods with me.

Many thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I advise you to use the correct nuts for the big ends. All 28hp engines use the same ones. They are slightly deeper than a standard UNF nut if I recall and have a better locking face on them. Contact Bygone Bedford Bits, I am sure Norman will have stock.