Willys M38 Project

DaveA

For Sale is my Willys M38 Jeep project, I am only selling it as I have a new project vehicle arriving shortly and don't have the time and space for both.

late style 1952 Willys M38, (not A1 model) currently dismantled, decent chassis and body to include wings, tailgate, windshield, bonnet, transmission tunnel removable panels, battery box, skid plate and front grill. Chassis not rusted out anywhere but needs new rear cross member, Body needs passenger floor and general repairs but not too bad at all (see picture)

Comes with a T90 gearbox and correct Dana transfer case, both rebuilt and a good bell housing and Transmission cross member.

Two good axles, the front has been rebuilt and comes with selectable free wheeling hubs, rear looks good but will need wheel bearings and brakes.

I have a 1965 Buick V6 Oddfire engine to go in place of the original motor (jeep enthusiasts will understand the relevance!)but I can always keep this and adjust the price accordingly. The plan was to swap the diffs and cruise at a slightly higher speed. Original engines are readily available.

I have many hard to find pieces such as original air cleaner, some data plates, Correct YS carb, hood frames, 5 wheels, pedals, and one headlamp bucket!

Needs seat frames and a fuel tank. Been in the UK for ages and recovered to save from being scrapped when a local field was sold for housing.

Located in Suffolk, have more pictures available. Looking for offers around £4250

Would make a good project for someone looking for a rare jeep. All still parts available at reasonable prices, mostly as NOS.

Dave 07776 088147.

M38 body.JPG