M2 Amphipious Rig/Ferry

SteveB

I'm looking to scratch build this vehicle at 1/24 scale, but need to get access to a real one for a couple of days to measure, photograph and generally crawl all over it, before I start the build process. I would be extremely grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction...

Steve Bellerby

Steve,

Unfortunately we have sold ours so can't help directly, but still have a lot of documentation, photos and knowledge if that helps.

There was a large scale model available (https://accurate-armour.com/our-products/135th-kits/k114d); and there's also a 1/72 (or possibly 1/76) kit which isn't bad.

There are several surviving in the UK but not sure of the whereabouts of most now. The RE Museum at Chatham has one, as do Rudders Boatyard at Milford Haven. RE Museum might be your best bet.

Edited by Sean N

Hi Sean,

Very many thanks for the info, and I would really welcome the chance to have a look at the stuff you have on the M2, and perhaps chat face-to-face to pick your brains, if that would be possible? I'm quite happy to travel to wherever you are based, as long as you can put up with me pestering for information ;)

The RE Museum is closed until 27th May (so not long now) and I plan to contact them as soon as they open again. I always like to take lots of detailed photos and measurements when I'm researching a new project. I had heard of the two at Rudders Boatyard, but these look as though they might have been 'modded' a bit...

Steve

The blue one at Rudders is our old one and although a different colour and with one or two minor improvements over standard it was pretty much original when we had it. I can't say what might have been done to it since. I suspect the RE Museum may be more amenable though.

I will PM you my phone number.