Clansman Question

The set up on my Saracen is a VRC353, IB3 two CB2. Each CB2 has two headsets connected to them.

The itntercom works fine. The VRC353 with a headset connected directly to audio transmits and receives fine against a PRC349

When I set the VRC353 to remote, I am able to hear a transmission from the 349 via headsets connected to the CB2

However if I try to transmit from the 353 by pressing the pressel switch on a headset connected a CB2 I find that the transmitter light comes on, the 349 goes silent, but no audio is transmitted ............ so what have I done wrong?

Aside to this problem and nothing to do with it, I also have a DMU which used to light up when switched on but no longer does so. The 3 amp fuse adjacent to the on off switch is OK, is there another fuse inside the unit or are there any other obvious reason why it is now dead?

I have the same set up in my sarry, it all seems to work fine. I can't resolve your problem, but if you need photo's of my set up, i can do that at least.

She was out all day Saturday chatting to a 434 and a 436 happily over the 353's

we started off the day around 50,000mhz but moving around town picked up interference in built up areas which seemed to clear up when we dropped to 35,000

is there a household appliance that would cause that ?

If some pics would help let me know

Have you:

(a) tried the 353 on a different input to the IB3?

(b) checked the continuity of the cable between the 353 and IB3?

(and I hope you're not transmitting without a licence!)

Andy

Aside to this problem and nothing to do with it, I also have a DMU which used to light up when switched on but no longer does so. The 3 amp fuse adjacent to the on off switch is OK, is there another fuse inside the unit or are there any other obvious reason why it is now dead?

Sorry to state the obvious but start with the PDB fuse and check your power cable for output to the DMU, it may just be a bad connection. There is no internal fuse.

Regards

Bob

Have you:

(a) tried the 353 on a different input to the IB3?

(b) checked the continuity of the cable between the 353 and IB3?

(and I hope you're not transmitting without a licence!)

Andy

Hi Andy, yes I tried a different input on the IB3. I will re-check the cable as I had to join two to gain the length I needed. I did do a pin/pin continuity check when I altered the cable and all was OK, but have to agree it's an obvious culprit

Sorry to state the obvious but start with the PDB fuse and check your power cable for output to the DMU, it may just be a bad connection. There is no internal fuse.

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob, yes I have power at the power cable so it looks like the unit is a gonner. Pity as I had BID simulator which looked quite good when all lit up (from a display point of view)

Problem resolved with the 353 problem, having checked and re-checked everything several times I concluded it must be the 353. Swapped it out and problem solved. So there must be some internal problem on the microphone line on the harness socket.

Hi Bob, yes I have power at the power cable so it looks like the unit is a gonner. Pity as I had BID simulator which looked quite good when all lit up (from a display point of view)

Ok, sorry it seems to be a goner but they are not expensive these days, you can pick them up for around £80 working. I also have a BID sim 250/11 in mine, all working. Best of luck with another but keep your old one and open it up. There is a fuse circuit board inside it which may be the problem but usually there's a wider problem causing it to fail. I have the test data somewhere but you need the tester (and user instructions for it) to conduct the testing and they are very rare. I only know of one in private hands at this moment.

Regards

Bob

Problem resolved with the 353 problem, having checked and re-checked everything several times I concluded it must be the 353. Swapped it out and problem solved. So there must be some internal problem on the microphone line on the harness socket.

Me again, have you conducted the functional checks on the swopped out unit? Pecs for 353's are relatively easy to obtain if you can isolate the problem and fairly straight forward to repair. Again, don't bin the set.

Regards

Bob

Me again, have you conducted the functional checks on the swopped out unit? Pecs for 353's are relatively easy to obtain if you can isolate the problem and fairly straight forward to repair. Again, don't bin the set.

Regards

Bob

Hi Bob, no I've not had a chance to look at it yet as I only swapped it out late afternoon. I certainly won't bin it until I have a go at fixing it.

Nic