AEC 850 or FWD R6T

george

Some years ago, the only other 2 (?) AEC 850 chassis were gifted to the REME museum, on the death of their owner. I believe they had been kept somewhere in the Cambridgeshire area.

I have a few photo's of them being delivered to the museum, the story was that one could possibly be restored by using parts from them both.

Having been in contact with the REME museum, there now seems to be no knowledge of where they are now, even worse, who it was that was going to undertake the work. The new curator has no information whatever. Brian Baxter was at the museum at this time, he has since retired and unable to recall any more information, though we have been in contact over the matter.

Can any one shed any light, or know the person concerned as I would like to get some info as to the chassis, and running gear....preferably with the body off. I have details from the ex Duxford one, but need some "nude" of it.

Thanks

George Moore

E080013(a).JPG

Some years ago, the only other 2 (?) AEC 850 chassis were gifted to the REME museum, on the death of their owner. I believe they had been kept somewhere in the Cambridgeshire area.

I have a few photo's of them being delivered to the museum, the story as that one could possibly be restored by using parts from them both.

Having been in contact with the REME museum, there now seems to be no knowledge of where they are now, even worse, who it was that was going to undertake the work. The new curator has no information whatever. Brian Baxter was at the museum at this time, he has since retired and unable to recall any more information, though we have been in contact over the matter.

Can any one shed any light, or know the person concerned as I would like to get some info as to the chassis, and running gear....preferably with the body off. I have details from the ex Duxford one, but need some "nude" of it.

Thanks

George Moore

attachment.php?attachmentid=125641&stc=1

Interesting. One was owned by Derecke Lambe and the other by a bloke from Yorkshire. Derecke was going to restore them. He passed away about 10 years ago

Thanks,

I'm not sure this was the chap.

I believe it was four years ago they were taken away from REME to be worked on.

My problem is that the staff at REME have no records of who took them, or if there were details they cannot be found.

My contacts at the museum have drawn a complete blank.....I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or disgusted at the loss of these iconic vehicles.

I feel this is the way of most museums now.....I hear rumours that Duxford may be closing the "Land Warfare" hall.

George.