Ferret fan belts

WCMatt

I'm in the middle of changing out all of the belts & hoses in the engine compartment of my Mk.1/2 ferret. This particular ferret is equipped with an alternator and has the three automotive type v belts.

I was able to source three replacement belts from an auto parts house that are the same length, width but they are the "cogged belt" type and the OEM belts are the smooth type. Does that make a differnece? Can I use the cogged belt in my ferret seeing how it is the same size as the OEM belt?

Regards,

Matt

Thanks guys. One has to remove so much (heavy) stuff to get to those belts I just wanted to make sure that the new production "cog" type belts would be ok. I'll post the size & part number of the new belts for future reference in a little bit.........

Matt

As promised the belt part # & size. I was able to find belts at Carquest. They couldn't find anything on their computers using the original RR part number on my original belt so we measured up everything and found one that worked. Carquest part # 9530HD Belt measures: 1/2" x 53-7/16" (13mm x 1357mm).

Matt