ferret hub sun wheels

jim fl4

Hi, The ferret I am restoring has had both rear sun gears removed in the past. I am needing a pair and preferably one of the 'starfish' shaped bearing carriers. Any help much appreciated. Jim.

Hi Jim,

Not sure, but might have one sun gear and the bearing carrier, but will not be able to check until Monday or Tuesday.

cheers Richard

Hi Jim,

Not sure, but might have one sun gear and the bearing carrier, but will not be able to check until Monday or Tuesday.

cheers Richard

Hi Richard, that would be great if you get the time. No rush, I hope the sun gear and its planet gears do not need to be matched? I think because the gear has been removed for many years their has been no oil being thrown around and concequently the bearing carrier and its bearing have rusted. Thanks again, Jim.

Hi Richard, that would be great if you get the time. No rush, I hope the sun gear and its planet gears do not need to be matched? I think because the gear has been removed for many years their has been no oil being thrown around and concequently the bearing carrier and its bearing have rusted. Thanks again, Jim.

Hi Jim,

It is on my list of things to do when I get to my workshop. No worries about matching the gears, not necessary on these gears. About 40 years ago I was rebuilding Ferret hub assemblies for overhauled vehicles, so am pretty conversant with them.

Richard

Hi Jim,

Not sure about Sun gear but I have some small planet gears knocking around.

David

Hi David, thanks for your reply. Same here, I even have a spare wheel station, removed the hub cap only to see the sun gear missing! Thanks again.

Hi David, thanks for your reply. Same here, I even have a spare wheel station, removed the hub cap only to see the sun gear missing! Thanks again.

Hi Jim,

Sincere apologies, but on looking for the Ferret parts, I then remembered that I had sold the parts last year, only tracta joints left.

regards, Richard

Hi Jim,

Sincere apologies, but on looking for the Ferret parts, I then remembered that I had sold the parts last year, only tracta joints left.

regards, Richard

No Worries Richard, thanks for looking. I will ask Richard B.

Cheers

Jim